2017 Scholarship Overview – Seniors Helping Seniors!
At Bay Alarm Medical, we're committed to helping seniors stay happy and healthy longer so they can continue to live independently. We also believe seniors play a vital role in our communities — especially through sharing their stories and life lessons.
Our 2017 scholarship aims to highlight these life lessons and how seniors inspire us in our everyday lives.
Three winners will be chosen:
How to Submit Your Entry
- 1st place: $2,500
- 2nd place: $2,000
- 3rd place: $1,000
In order to be considered for a volunteer scholarship from Bay Alarm Medical, please do the following:
How to Win
- Write a 500-1,000 word essay that answers the following three questions:
- What is the most important lesson you've learned from the senior you work with?
- How has working with seniors impacted your life/inspired you?
- How would you encourage others to spend more time with their grandparents or seniors in the community?
- Submit your essay in a word document along with a picture of you and the senior discussed (as attachments) to email@example.com by March 31, 2017.
- Use the following filename format for your word doc essay and photo:
- Full name and school
- Ex: John_Smith_SFSU
- Write a heartfelt essay about working with the elderly that answers the three questions outlined above; we'll pick our favorite.
- Winners will be notified by April 30, 2017.
- You must
1) be involved in a community service effort/volunteer opportunity where you work with the elderly
2) participate in caregiving duties for an elderly relative living in your home.
- You must be a graduating senior in high school or currently enrolled in an undergraduate program for the 2017-2018 school year.
- We reserve the right to verify the date of high school graduation or college enrollment.
- Once submitted, your entry will become property of Bay Alarm Medical and can be used by Bay Alarm Medical for any purpose.
- Only one entry per student permitted.
- Entries containing plagiarized material or off-topic content will result in disqualification.