In-Home Medical Alert Or Mobile GPS Medical Alert: Which Is Best?
Bay Alarm Medical
August 24, 2021
With all the different types of medical alert systems on the market, how do you know which one is best for your needs? This information can help you decide between the different types of in-home and GPS medical alert systems and choose the system that works best for you, your family, and your budget.
How a Home-based Medical Alert System Works
Home medical alert systems are cost-effective safety solutions for people who are homebound or who rarely travel. Bay Alarm Medical offers both a landline and cell-based medical alert for home use. Both are easy-to-use with sleek, attractive designs.
Calling for help is easy:
- Press the button on your necklace or wristband.
- A trained operator answers in the language you prefer, talks with you about your situation, and can dispatch first responders and/or call a family member for you.
Optional automatic fall detection adds another layer of protection. If the system detects a fall, it notifies operators if you’re unconscious or unable to speak. Don’t worry about numerous false alarms: the system only activates if it senses a sudden downward movement and then no movement. You won’t trigger it during normal daily activities.
How a Mobile GPS Medical Alert System Works
A mobile medical alert system offers more flexibility for people on-the-go. They use cellular connections and GPS to identify your position. In case of an emergency, the operator can provide your exact location to first responders.
Bay Alarm Medical offers three types of mobile medical alerts with GPS. All operate through 4G LTE connections, with cellular service included in your monthly fee.
- Mobile help button: Our GPS help button offers help 24/7 when you’re away from home. Just push the button and talk with our operators. It’s water-resistant and easy to use. It also includes access to our caregiver tracking portal.
- Smartwatch: With our SOS Smartwatch, safety is as easy as wearing a wristwatch or fitness tracker. There’s no smartphone required; just touch the dedicated SOS button and talk with our operators. It also includes a step counter and settings to help you set fitness goals and track your progress.
- In-car medical alert system: Many seniors are reluctant to stop driving, so keeping them safe behind the wheel is important. Our in-car medical alert is an award-winning tracking device with real-time vehicle location monitoring, automatic crash detection, and more. It works in any vehicle.
Our Caregiver Tracking portal (included with the GPS Help button) allows you to check the location of your loved one in real time via the app. The app is available with the mobile help button at no additional charge. The portal works on your computer, tablet, or smartphone. For added safety, you can set up geofencing and receive an alert when they leave home or a defined geographic area.
Bay Alarm Medical is a leading provider of affordable, reliable medical alert systems. Contact us at 1-877-522-9633 to learn about our medical alert systems, service bundles, specials, and rates. You can try a system for free for 30 days with no obligation, and there are no contracts or hidden fees.