2018-2019 Scholarship Program
Bay Alarm Medical is proud to announce its 4th annual scholarship program. This year we again seek to reward students who devote their time to improving the lives of our senior citizens.
Three scholarships totaling $5,500 will be awarded.
We don't want your hard work to go to waste, so please follow all instructions in order to be considered.
Our 2018-2019 Scholarship Winners
Congratulations to our three winners:
- 1st place: $2,500 – Awarded to Michaela Ricker. Michaela is currently attending the University of Rochester and majoring in Brain and Cognitive Science.
- 2nd place: $2,000 – Awarded to Elisabeth Pitrolo. Elisabeth is a senior at Martin L. Nesbitt Discovery Academy in Asheville, NC. She has applied to UNC-Chapel Hill, North Carolina State University, the University of Pittsburgh and the Georgia Institute of Technology.
- 3rd place: $1,000 – Awarded to Hannah Rogers. Hannah is planning to attend Utah State University or Brigham Young University.
These deserving students were chosen from more than 300 entries. It was a difficult choice, as we are impressed by the volunteer work being done by so many of you. Thank you for dedicating your time to helping America’s seniors.
How to Submit Your Entry
Thank you for your interest. Please apply for our next essay contest.
In order to be considered for a volunteer scholarship from Bay Alarm Medical, please do the following:
Write a 500-1,000 word essay that answers the following three questions:
- What is the most important lesson you’ve learned from the senior you work with?
- How has working with seniors impacted your life/inspired you?
- How would you encourage others to spend more time with their grandparents or seniors in the community?
Submit your essay in a Word document along with a picture of you and the senior discussed (as attachments) to email@example.com by October 31, 2018.
If you cannot submit a photo of the senior you volunteer with for reasons such as privacy or those that are out of your control, please get creative. We require at least one photo be submitted with every entry to be considered. Here are some easy examples: Wear your organization shirt in front of the office or with other volunteer members, have someone take a photo of you at an organization event/working, etc.
Use the following filename format for your Word doc essay and photo:
- Full name and college
- Ex: John_Smith_SFSU
How to Win
Write a heartfelt essay about working with the elderly that answers the three questions outlined above, submit at least one photo, follow all instructions provided; we’ll pick our favorite. Winners will be notified by November 30, 2018 .
We are very excited to reward hard working and passionate students! With that, we are looking for students who not only make a positive impact in their community, but students who can also follow directions. We don’t want your hard work to go to waste, so please follow all instructions in order to be considered.
- Be involved in a community service effort/volunteer opportunity where you work with the elderlyOr participate in caregiving duties for an elderly relative living in your home.
- You must be a graduating senior in high school or currently enrolled in an undergraduate program for the 2018-2019 school year.
- We reserve the right to verify the date of high school graduation or college enrollment.
- Once submitted, your entry will become property of Bay Alarm Medical and can be used by Bay Alarm Medical for any purpose.
- Only one entry per student permitted.
- Entries containing plagiarized material or off-top content will result in disqualification.
Due to large call volumes, please DO NOT contact Bay Alarm Medical’s Customer Service with questions regarding the scholarship.
All questions should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org