Seniors Helping Seniors Scholarship Program
At Bay Alarm Medical, we're committed to helping seniors stay happy and healthy longer so they can continue to live independently. We also believe seniors play a vital role in our communities — especially through sharing their stories and life lessons with young adults.
To reward young adults who devote their time to caring for seniors, we will award scholarships to the two students who submit the best essay describing how working with seniors has shaped their lives.
Check out our past winners:
Scholarship Program Details
Congratulations to our Spring 2019 winners:
- 1st place: $1,000 – Awarded to Benjamin Vogel. Benjamin currently attends Laguna Beach High School and will be attending the University of Southern California, where he will study health promotion and disease prevention.
- 2nd place: $500 – Awarded to Caroline Szuflita. Caroline Will be attending D’Youville College in 2020 to work towards becoming a Physician’s Assistant, with a hope to focus on geriatrics.
These deserving students were chosen from more than 300 entries. It was a difficult choice, as we are impressed by the volunteer work being done by so many of you. Thank you for dedicating your time to helping America’s seniors.
How to Submit Your Entry
Thank you for your interest. Please check back for our next contest.
In order to be considered for a volunteer scholarship from Bay Alarm Medical, please do the following:
Write a 500-1,000 word essay that answers the following three questions:
- What is the most important lesson you’ve learned from the senior(s) you work with?
- How has working with seniors impacted your life/inspired you?
- How would you encourage others to spend more time with their grandparents or seniors in the community?
Submit your essay in a Word document along with a picture of you and the senior discussed (as attachments) to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 30, 2019 – 11:59PM PST.
Please Note: If you cannot submit a photo of the senior you volunteer with for reasons such as privacy or those that are out of your control, please get creative. We require at least one photo be submitted with every entry to be considered. Here are some easy examples: Wear your organization shirt in front of the office or with other volunteer members, have someone take a photo of you at an organization event/working, etc.
Use the following filename format for your Word doc essay and photo:
- Full name and college
- Ex: John_Smith_SFSU
How to Win
Write a heartfelt essay about working with the elderly that answers the three questions outlined above, submit at least one photo, follow all instructions provided; we’ll pick our favorite. Winners will be notified and announced by May 31, 2019. Please do not contact Bay Alarm Medical regarding your standing.
We are very excited to reward hard working and passionate students! With that, we are looking for students who not only make a positive impact in their community, but students who can also follow directions. We don’t want your hard work to go to waste, so please follow all instructions in order to be considered.
- Be involved in a community service effort/volunteer opportunity where you work with the elderly Or participate in caregiving duties for an elderly relative within the last 12 months.
- You must be a graduating senior in high school or currently enrolled in an undergraduate program for the 2019-2020 school year.
- We reserve the right to verify the date of high school graduation or college enrollment.
- Once submitted, your entry will become property of Bay Alarm Medical and can be used by Bay Alarm Medical for any purpose.
- Only one entry per student permitted.
- Entries containing plagiarized material or off-top content will result in disqualification.
Due to large call volumes, please DO NOT contact Bay Alarm Medical’s Customer Service with questions regarding the scholarship.
All questions should be directed to: email@example.com