2017 Scholarship Overview Seniors Helping Seniors!
At Bay Alarm Medical, we're committed to helping seniors stay happy and healthy longer so they can continue to live independently. We also believe seniors play a vital role in our communities - especially through sharing their stories and life lessons.
Our 2017 scholarship aims to highlight these life lessons and how seniors inspire us in our everyday lives.
2017 Scholarship Winners:
- 1st place: $2,500 – Alex Carpenter, who is currently a junior at Luther College, studying to become a Geriatric Physical Therapist.
- 2nd place: $2,000 – Lauren Knasin, who is a senior at Cranston High School West. She will be attending Boston University and studying Marine Science.
- 3rd place: $1,000 – Layne Moore, who currently attends Chatham Central High. She will be studying Kinesiology & Exercise Science at Campbell University.
Congratulations to our winners, and thank you to all who participated!
The winners were chosen from nearly 300 entries into the Bay Alarm Medical scholarship essay contest. Our team is committed to helping seniors, helping young people, and helping our community. It is truly inspiring to see so many young adults dedicating time to improve the lives of seniors in their community.
How to Submit Your Entry
In order to be considered for a volunteer scholarship from Bay Alarm Medical, please do the following:
Write a 500-1,000 word essay that answers the following three questions:
- What is the most important lesson you’ve learned from the senior you work with?
- How has working with seniors impacted your life/inspired you?
- How would you encourage others to spend more time with their grandparents or seniors in the community?
Submit your essay in a Word document along with a picture of you and the senior discussed (as attachments) to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 31, 2017.
Use the following filename format for your word doc essay and photo:
- Full name and college
- Ex: John_Smith_SFSU
How to Win
Write a heartfelt essay about working with the elderly that answers the three questions outlined above; we’ll pick our favorite. Winners will be notified by April 30, 2017.
Contact us for questions: email@example.com
- Be involved in a community service effort/volunteer opportunity where you work with the elderlyOr participate in caregiving duties for an elderly relative living in your home.
- You must be a graduating senior in high school or currently enrolled in an undergraduate program for the 2017-2018 school year.
- We reserve the right to verify the date of high school graduation or college enrollment.
- Once submitted, your entry will become property of Bay Alarm Medical and can be used by Bay Alarm Medical for any purpose.
- Only one entry per student permitted.
- Entries containing plagiarized material or off-top content will result in disqualification.