2018 Scholarship Program
Bay Alarm Medical is proud to announce its 3rd annual scholarship program. This year we again seek to reward students who devote their time to improving the lives of our senior citizens.
Our 2018 scholarship award is our biggest yet: three scholarships totaling $6,500.
How to Apply
To be eligible for one of our scholarship awards, you must be involved in a community service effort/volunteer opportunity where you work with the elderly OR participate in caregiving duties for an elderly relative living in your home.
Scholarships will be awarded based on an essay contest. You must provide a photo of yourself and one of the seniors mentioned in your essay.
See below for full rules and requirements.
Three winners will be chosen:
- 1st place: $3,500
- 2nd place: $2,000
- 3rd place: $1,000
How to Submit Your Entry
In order to be considered for a volunteer scholarship from Bay Alarm Medical, please do the following:
Write a 500-1,000 word essay that answers the following three questions:
- What is the most important lesson you’ve learned from the senior you work with?
- How has working with seniors impacted your life/inspired you?
- How would you encourage others to spend more time with their grandparents or seniors in the community?
Submit your essay in a Word document along with a picture of you and the senior discussed (as attachments) to email@example.com by March 31, 2018.
Use the following filename format for your Word doc essay and photo:
- Full name and college
- Ex: John_Smith_SFSU
How to Win
Write a heartfelt essay about working with the elderly that answers the three questions outlined above; we’ll pick our favorite. Winners will be notified by April 30, 2018 .
Contact us for questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Be involved in a community service effort/volunteer opportunity where you work with the elderlyOr participate in caregiving duties for an elderly relative living in your home.
- You must be a graduating senior in high school or currently enrolled in an undergraduate program for the 2018-2019 school year.
- We reserve the right to verify the date of high school graduation or college enrollment.
- Once submitted, your entry will become property of Bay Alarm Medical and can be used by Bay Alarm Medical for any purpose.
- Only one entry per student permitted.
- Entries containing plagiarized material or off-top content will result in disqualification.