What will you get Mom on Mother’s Day?
May 4, 2012
Mother's Day is quickly approaching, and if you haven't yet picked up a gift that you know Mom will love, it's about time to get started on your search! Aside from spending quality time with your mother on her special day, you might want to give her a token of your appreciation. After all, you wouldn't be here if it weren't for her! Here are a few ideas worth considering.
1. Garden decor. If your mom has a green thumb, perhaps a few unique pieces of garden flair would be an appropriate gift. Hanging flower baskets can spruce up the front porch, while a birdbath can attract plenty of feathered friends to gobble up pests and entertain her. Even a few special flower bulbs would work, as long as you offer to help her plant them!
2. A beauty treatment. If your mother could use a bit of pampering, there's nothing like a relaxing manicure, pedicure or massage to help her feel her best. Book a service for both of you so you can unwind and spend time together.
3. Jewelry. Whether your mom likes rings, necklaces, earrings or bracelets, a thoughtful piece of jewelry that speaks to her tastes might be just the thing. Keep in mind the types of accessories she usually wears so you can find something that will match.
4. Peace of mind. With a medical alert system from Bay Alarm, you can give your mother the gift of knowing that she'll always be protected. At the push of a button, a medical alarm will put her in touch with an emergency response team that can contact the appropriate authorities or family members if there's ever an accident.
5. An e-reader. If your mom loves to read but has trouble seeing the small words on the page or holding hefty novels, an e-reader might become her new best friend. Show her how to download her favorite books and help her choose display settings that suit her needs.
6. A special meal. Whether you make it yourself or take Mom out for a lavish dining experience, there's no doubt she'll love the opportunity to enjoy delicious food while having your company. Breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner are all appropriate!