The goal of most elders in this day and age is to continue living in the homes where they raised their families. Although many are able to do so, with age comes more health problems and risks, and relatives of a senior living alone might be wondering if there is any way to have peace of mind when a parent is aging in place.
One great way to know your parents are taken care of while they continue to remain independent is to consider installing a medical alert system into their homes, such as those offered by Bay Alarm Medical. There are multiple reasons why medical alerts help seniors live at home successfully.
1. Reduce Risks: According to the U.S. Center for Disease Control and Prevention, one in three seniors are predicted to fall annually, while every 18 seconds an elder person is taken to the emergency room for fall related injuries. This information shows that falls are a real threat and can be deadly – those living alone might not even be able to reach for a phone to make the call that could be the difference between life and death. This is where a medical device comes in handy. With a senior alert device, older adults will be able to reach help with just the push of a button.
2. Convenience: Some people out there might assume that getting a medical alert installed into a loved one's home takes a lot of effort. However, the process is actually quite simple. For Bay Alarm Medical Systems, all potential buyers must do is call the number provided by the company and speak to a representative about the process. Once the order is successfully made, the alert system is mailed within one business day – with the product generally delivered within four to five days of shipment. As soon as the product arrives, buyers can open it and install it right away by contacting the 24/7 call center – the process typically takes 10 minutes.
3. Versatility: This product is not just for elders living alone, it can also be a helpful tool for a number of different people who are homebound or have medical conditions. The medical alert system is handy for people who use canes or walkers, have sensory deficiencies such as vision or hearing impairment as well as those who are physically frail or who have a cognitive impairment such as dementia.
4. Safety: Bay Alarm Medical devices work to instantly call emergency personnel with just the push of a button. This feature may be useful for residents of any age who live in an unsafe neighborhood. In an emergency, if one is unable or too frightened to reach a phone, they can access their medical alert system. With a medical alert system, once the button is pushed, help is on the way.
5. Peace of Mind: Nowadays more families live far away from their ailing parents. With a medical alert system, they are able to breath easy knowing their loved one has the right tools – literally around their neck – to call for assistance in any emergency. Plus, when the button is pushed, family members or caregivers can be notified, meaning they're always in the loop.